hit counter script

 
Another Year, Another Diet - Losing Weight In 2007

Gaiam.com, Inc

Happy New Years to everyone!

Wow, that was a long, holiday season. Too much merriment, I tell you - three weeks of parties and get togethers have started to take a toll on my diet. I now have realized that I have too much family and too many friends, plus the addition of my fiance's circle. On the last two weeks of the holiday season, we were beginning to double up on parties. We show up for cocktails at one, and then for dinner at another's. Why is it that the holiday season, we always have no excuse for letting go of our diet? I usually say to myself - oh, well, it only comes once a year. Is that a good enough excuse?

I have to tell you a very silly story. In November, I bought this beautiful New Year's Eve dress. I was counting on wearing it to the New Year's Eve Gala Lem and I were attending. So on the day, I finished getting myself all dolled up, and all I had to do was put the dress on. And it wouldn't fit!!!! Well, pretty much all hell broke loose. I looked at my fiance and said - This is your fault.

Yes, at that time, it was much more easier to put the blame on him. Because I calculated that if it wasn't for him and the parties on his side of the family (they are all such awesome cooks), I would not have gained the weight. Also, if it wasn't for him, there would be no more midnight snacks, or midnight run to McDonalds. Our workout schedule was getting erratic as were were trying to fit in all the get togethers. But I knew part of the shame belonged to me. I made him weigh himself and myself - together we gained a whopping total of 27 pounds!

So I sat him down and told him that this has to stop. I worked very hard to lose all the weight and keep it off, and there is nothing I would like more than to have to lose this additional weight together. We made our workout and eating schedule and made a promise to each other that we will support our diet together. Then, we went to our New Years Eve Gala.

We are right on schedule with our 2007 diet resolutions. Of course, I had to eventually admit to hm my own accountability in gaining the unwanted weight, but I am so glad that I have a very supportive partner. Did you know, partners who stay healthy together, live longer together?

RELATED ARTICLES:



  •   home  |   post a comment  |     ico_blinklist ico_delicious ico_fark ico_furl ico_magnolia ico_newsvine ico_reddit ico_shadows ico_simpy ico_spurl ico_syncit ico_myyahoo

     

    Only match whole words