hit counter script

 
A Nice Day For A Walk

Why is it that when the countdown towards summertime begins, everyone is on a race to lose the extra pounds that they have gained during the winter months? And why is it that when the weather gets breezy and sunny, the first thing we think about is "beach" and "bikini" and then "diet"?

Even one of my girlfriends asked me the other day for some advice on how to lose an inch on two just in time for "bikini weather". So, I said "Shelly, you want to lose an inch or two by tomorrow?" and she said "yeah". Maybe I should be a little bit more sympathetic, but, it is unrealistic to want to look like a Baywatch babe overnight. Having a beautiful body needs preparation, planning, and working hard to achieve the goal. There is no shortcut around it.

But, if I am sadly mistaken and there is one, and you have the 411 on this miraculous drug, please make sure to drop me a note.

The beauty of it all, is that with all the nice weather spring is bringing us this year, it gives us more options on staying fit. Give me anything to break out of the monotony! It is so hard for me to stay focused running through the circuit at the gym when all I can see out is sun, lots more sun, and then more sun. It's a bad case of attention deficit and I can't get the most out of my workout when my mind's already gotten into my car, driven two miles, and got the blanket out to chill at the beach.

That's why I've gotten into the habit of going for walks in between my daily routine (of blogging). I try to remember to bring my pedometer with me but whenever I forget, I just check out a third party Google Map application called Gmaps Pedometer. I picked up this really cool tool from Google Tutor. You can plot your walk course and it gives you total distance and calorie count. What I really like about it is that I can plan a 2 mile walk with a different route all the time.

How did we ever live without all the new diet and fitness technologies available today, I would never know.

RELATED ARTICLES:

How To Know If You Are Overtraining
Psycho Diets
Want To Workout Without a Gym
Take the Sony Walkman NW-S200 to the Gym With You

  home  |   post a comment  |     ico_blinklist ico_delicious ico_fark ico_furl ico_magnolia ico_newsvine ico_reddit ico_shadows ico_simpy ico_spurl ico_syncit ico_myyahoo

 

Only match whole words