hit counter script

 
Three Year Milestone On My Weight Loss Journey

Jeans 120x600

December marks another anniversary of my quest to lose weight. I am happy.... no.... I am ecstatic to report that within the last three years I have successfully lost 68 pounds and maintained it!

When I first started on this quest I weighed 185 pounds. It was hard taking the first baby steps in getting into a lifestyle change, but with the help of Health A to Z diet journal, I was able to take it day by day. I was also on a strict Atkins meal program and exercised four times a week.

It was so hard at first, trying to balance it with my demanding job and personal life. There were so many times that I just wallowed in self pity due to my lack of positive body image. But like the little train that could, I just kept on chugging along and hopped right back in the bandwagon everytime I fell off.

I started this diet blog because I wanted to document all the changes that are happening in my life. That, and to store all the other diet information I found on the web that I found useful and relevant to my goal. Little did I know that this diet blog became a confessional for me. And I am very thankful for all the support that everyone has given me.

We all have our own personal reasons as to why we need to lose weight, whether it be for image, fashion, beauty, or health. Really, to tell you the truth, it started with just wanting to be able to wear that bikini that has been hanging in the closet for ages. But I have come to realize that it was just a push to get me started on my weight loss journey. This lifestyle change made a difference in my outlook on life. I love being healthy. I want to have a very productful life and enjoy life as it catches me. I want to be able to climb the highest mountain and dive in to the bottomless ocean.

Thank you!

RELATED ARTICLES:



  •   home  |   post a comment  |     ico_blinklist ico_delicious ico_fark ico_furl ico_magnolia ico_newsvine ico_reddit ico_shadows ico_simpy ico_spurl ico_syncit ico_myyahoo

        11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous
    Hi,

    Congratulations! Losing 68 pounds is not easy.

    I wish you the best,
    Michael Harper 
        1:00 PM, Blogger The Imaginary Diva
    Thank you very much Michael! 
        10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous
    I lost over 140 pounds in the last few years, mainly on the low carb lifestyle, where I eliminated sugar and refined carbs from my diet. I found keeping a daily journal at a place like www.medsocial.com was very helpful, but having the support of family and friends was the most important thing! 
        12:10 PM, Blogger Alfred Chew
    Hi,

    I think mathematics equation plays an important role in the success of dieting.

    Make very sure your intake(food) is less than your output(energy). The rest is taken care of for sure.

    Congratulations!

    Alfred Chew
    www.fi-fo.blogspot.com 
        12:22 PM, Blogger Shamir Rele
    It really is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. I think that a low carb diet is probably the hardest one out there. The craving for sugar is so taken for granted by all of us - IMO.

    Well done everyone for achieving their goals (or hitting the 'milestones' as they call them).

    I personally now need to build some muscle! And it's not as easy as it sounds....

    Calvin
    sports nutrition 
        6:05 AM, Blogger Tom Bailey
    Great job, I found this blog through a search. Those are amazing results. Fantastic. That is very inspiring for people. 3 years is a long time.

    http://sms100.blogspot.com/ 
     

    Only match whole words