hit counter script

 
Somebody Please Save Me From All These Cooking Shows


New Year, New You - Save today at ProForm.com

I shouldn't really be complaining, after all, I go to a women's gym. They just do things differently there - they staff gives out recipes and make reminder phone calls for your daily workout.

But how are you expected to concentrate on your workout when two out of four station televisions are tuned to cooking shows? First Rachael Ray and then Giada De Laurentiis.

Do you know what I mean? Instead of getting all psyched up to sweat all the bad stuff out of your system, it does the opposite! I'm on the treadmill planning on stopping off at the nearest grocery store so I can cook up a feast when I get home. Throughout the hour and a half workout at the gym, my mind was stuck in gutter thinking about food. I tried to concentrate on the other television shows but I just couldn't help but notice at the corner of my eyes that Giana is melting chocolate......

By this time, there is no ignoring her. She is making this absolutely divine dessert bar with orange marmalade, nuts, and beautiful chocolate drippings.

So what do you think? Is this conducive to your overall resolution to get in shape? I have heard of gym regulating music. They play dance music with fast tempo and beat to get that mojo going when working out. It just doesn't make sense to working out listening to "oh, she broke my heart and now I have a drinking problem...."

????

Wouldn't it be nice to be working out with videos of David Kirsch or Bob Greene on the television motivating you and showing you how to work out properly? How come this concept has not caught on with the fitness clubs, I will never understand. After all, we sink so much money on our gym memberships!

The least they could do is keep us on track.


RELATED ARTICLES:


  •   home  |   post a comment  |     ico_blinklist ico_delicious ico_fark ico_furl ico_magnolia ico_newsvine ico_reddit ico_shadows ico_simpy ico_spurl ico_syncit ico_myyahoo

     

    Only match whole words